Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 4 EOC: Physical Attractiveness


Honestly, I feel as though hiring based on physical attractiveness depends on the job. Since we live in Las Vegas, a lot of the jobs are considered sex jobs. This includes bartenders, pool attendants, and club workers. These jobs in Vegas use looks in order to hire people because they are dealing with the customers directly and trying to draw people in based on looks. Their tips also depend greatly on their looks along with service. If you are not working at a place that tries to draw customers in based on looks I don’t think that tattoos, scars, colored hair, piercings, etc. should really matter. As long as a person can fulfill their duties then they should be hired. One job that is very picky is the sales associate position at high-end retail stores. You aren’t allowed to have colored hair, which I think is crazy. As long as it is well kept and doesn’t have nasty looking roots it should be fine. Our society is changing and tattoos, piercings, and crazy colored hair are becoming more and more common. I just think it is crazy how some places haven’t accepted the change and still fire people based on these things. I could understand not hiring someone if a person had offensive tattoos such as curse words that were impossible to cover up like the man we talked about in class but other than that tattoos shouldn’t matter. They are becoming more and more common. One thing that I think is a must for every job though is personal hygiene. Personal hygiene is extremely important. I know that I personally don’t like dealing with a person if they smell or look like they haven’t showered or brushed their hair in the past couple days. It’s distracting and I only think about that rather than the main reason I am at the store. Personal hygiene is a controllable factor that is extremely important.

No comments:

Post a Comment