Wednesday, August 31, 2016

BOC Week 8: Five Plus Five Soft Skils

Five soft skills that I possess are:

  1. Communication Skills
    • I revealed this in my resume by mentioning that I created relationships with customers while shopping in order to make them feel more comfortable. 
  2. Works Wells With Team Members
    • I have always been a part of a team whether it be for sports or for work. I know that while working with others there are a lot of different opinions that you many not always agree with. Working in a team is all about give and take. Sometimes your opinions and ideas will be used and taken into consideration and sometimes they wont but you have to be able to accept that because thats how you are then able to work with other people and as a team. 
  3. Adaptability
    • I have the skill to adapt because I am open to growing and learning new things. At my current job, I am always wanting to take on new tasks such as a new wall than my usual one for visuals. Since I show this, it contributes to the adapting skill. Companies are always growing and changing in order to become greater and since I always want to learn and grow, I am able to adapt. 
  4. Problem Solving
    • When I am faced with an issue I take a second to think about the situation all my options in order to solve it and then take action to fix it. At my current job, a lot of times coworkers do not show up for shifts.  The shifts are scheduled for everyone to have the exact amount of work to finish right when the store opens. When people don't show up then my manager and I have to take their tasks meaning  that we have 6 hours of work to complete within 4 hours. This is a big issue. In order to solve this, we came up with a game plan to work together and get all the big jobs done first. After that, we do the smaller tasks since they can de done quickly and we get our work done on time. 
  5. Time Management
    • I have shown that one of my soft skills is time management by always showing up to either work, meetings, or appointments at least ten minutes early. I also always get my tasks done on time. If told I need to complete a task by a certain time of day. It is either done early or right on the dot. I manage to always find time for both work and school which still giving my all for both.
These skills aren't in my resume currently but are what I would put on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment